Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lesson 6: Treating a stye


Styes are definitely not fun. As you can see, the one I have is fairly disgusting, with swelling mostly along the inner bottom of my left eye, slight pain and tenderness, and lots of eye watering.

Last night, I tried to prevent it from getting worse by putting my brother's thermal patch on it overnight. It didn't help. After work today, I went to see the doctor at Solantic and got some antibiotic eye drops. He also said to put a warm compress on it several times a day for about 10 minutes at a time.

So I came up with this *brilliant* idea that I should use both a damp rag AND the thermal patch to keep the rag warm longer. You know how fast those things get cold by themselves.

I guess I didn't learn much today except that you don't really need to go to the doctor for a stye. It would just be nice to be able to see well at work all day tomorrow and while I drive.

No comments: